Online Course - Introduction
to Basic Echocardiography
This is an Internet structured instructor driven course. In addition to the course textbooks, there will be numerous
interactive exercises and simulations to ensure a total learning experience. The course participants can meet online in a
private chat room on a weekly basis. The sessions will last approximately one hour. Although attendance at the weekly
chat sessions is not mandatory, it is highly encouraged. Additional assignments, worksheets, videos and links will be posted on your personal assignment page. Quizzes are given throughout the course and a final exam
will be given at the end of the course. A certificate of completion will be awarded to each participant passing the
individual sections and final exam. The participant has the flexibility to work at a faster pace.You also receive 25 CME credits!
If you are contemplating cross-training or registry prep of your employees, Echo-Web can provide the didactic instruction while you or another staff member acts as Preceptor can offer them the hand's-on experience. In addition, the Preceptor will receive all of Echo-Web's course offerings free of charge for participating in the student's training. Your cross-training employee can complete the project with no worries of time out of the lab, reservations, travel/flights, or mental overload by having to attend consecutive days of 8 hour instruction. They can prepare for the registry or cross-train at their own pace!
introductory level echocardiography course is specifically targeted to the professional needing to learn modality specific
subject matter on basic echocardiography and cardiovascular principles. This course is designed for the medical professional that cannot attend an off site
program, and needs a modality specific correspondence program or a structured type program. This course
serves as an excellent tool for the professional needing to be cross-trained or as an echocardiography review for the ARDMS
and CCI registry examinations. The course includes: the basics of Doppler and transducers, physiology, anatomy,
hemodynamics, physics and cardiovascular principles, electrophysiology, physical examination, patient history, color and spectral Doppler, M-Mode, cardiac calculations, imaging
and Doppler techniques, protocols, disease states and basic echo interpretation. The course
uses a combination of extensive graphics, video and interactive exercises, quizzes and final exams. The participant
will have the opportunity of observe a basic echo via the Internet. The course length is 12 - 14 weeks or at your own pace. A reminder that your courses stay open for 2 years!
The course cost is specially marked down to $1295.95.
What you get:
• All courses on Echo-Web (including interpretive video sessions)
• Your personalized assignment page
• Exclusive worksheets, documents, learning modules, and reference materials
• Weekly Instructor driven interactive chat sessions in webinar format for additional info and Q & A
• Your personal copy of Terry Reynolds' "Echocardiographers Pocket Reference, 4th Edition" which includes vascular topics and his "Cardiovascular Principles"
• A Mock Registry exam and personal analysis of areas you need to review and prepare for taking the registries.
• 25+ CME certificates and a Certificate of Completion
• A two year subsciption until you get ready to review for the registry
• An invitation to attend special webinars geared at learners by some of the clinical applicaton held high by their contribution to the field and willingness to teach vious topics as optimization of the image, tips and tricks, and even rising new technologies.
• And, your clinical preceptor receives an Echo-Web Subscription FREE!
• To review basic physics and instrumentation
• To describe cardiac anatomy and hemodynamics
• To describe clinical aspects of cardiac disease, physical examination and patient history
To describe instrumentation and the various techniques
of echo testing
To review interpretation of the various examinations
To provide weekly chat sessions with an instructor to enhance learning.
To review generally accepted practices in the performance of echocardiography
- To be able to perform a full echocardiographic procedure
- To become prepared to take the registry examination (CCI/ARDMS)
Check our Course Catalog to see the courses that are available immediately.